9th International Conference and Exhibition on
September 6-9, 2005
, Paris, Marne la Vallée, France
Organiser : Institute for Industrial Technology Transfer,
Aims and Scope
ICSP9 will be the 9th International Conference on Shot Peening. Related mechanical surface treatments – such as deep rolling, laser peening, ultrasonic peening, combined processes and other cold work processes inducing compressive surface residual stresses - are within the scope of the conference, especially when compared to shot peening.
Shot Peening and related mechanical surface treatments have proved to be powerful instruments in enhancing the resistance of components to various kinds of stress-induced damage, particularly with respect to fatigue and corrosion damage. The service lives of a wide variety of structural components, irrespective of shape and dimensions, can be improved dramatically by shot peening. The commercial benefits of applying mechanical surface treatments are increasingly recognised, especially in the automotive and aerospace industries.
ICSP9 will be the most important worldwide meeting for discussing the science, technology and applications of mechanical surface treatments. It will offer a unique forum, enabling scientists and engineers to deepen and update their knowledge of all aspects of mechanical surface treatments.
ICSP9 will cover a range of surface treatment topics based on: technological aspects, process procedures, changes in the surface state, process simulation, service properties and fields of application.
4) Modelling , Simulation
1) Technological Aspects
• Overview of Shot Peening Specifications. Jack Champaigne, Electronics Incorporated, USA.
• Evolution of Shot Peening Experimental Techniques. Dr. David Kirk, Coventry University, UK.
• Optimization of residual stress and fatigue life in laser peened components. Prof. Michael R. Hill, University of California, Davis, USA.
• Generation of nanostructure by SMAT (Surface Mechanical Attrition Treatment): basic concept, different processes and applications. Prof. Jian Lu, Université Technologie de Troyes, France.
• Deep rolling. The past, the present and the future.
Dr. Igor Altenberger, University of Kassel, Germany.
3) Surface Characteristics and their Stability
• Characterization of shot peened components by X-ray diffraction: A method on its way from the laboratory into industrial product development. Dr. Wulf Pfeiffer, Fraunhofer Institut für Werkstoffmechanik, Freiburg, Germany.
• Stability of Surface Changes induced by Mechanical Surface Treatments. Dr. Volker Schulze, Univ. of Karlsruhe, Germany
4) Modelling and Simulation
• Metal Forming by Shot Peening. Prof. Joseph Zarka, Dr. H. Karaouni, CADLM and Dr. J. Frelat, CNRS, Université Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
5) Fatigue and Fracture Properties
• Fatigue of Light-Weight Alloys. Prof. Lothar Wagner, TU Clausthal and Prof. Clemens Müller, TU Darmstadt, Germany.
6) Applications and Engineering Specifications
• Fatigue improvement of welded components by shot peening. Dr. Henri-Paul Lieurade, CETIM, France.
• Correlation of Shot Peening Parameters to Surface Characteristics. O. Higounenc, MIC France
• Shot Peening of Gear Wheels. Dominique Schwab, ISPC Surface Preparation, France.
K. Iida, JSSP, Japan
P.O. Karlsson, Volvo Aero Corporation, Sweden
D. Kirk, Coventry, UK
A. Levers, Airbus Ltd., UK
B. Miller, Boeing Co, USA
FH Bochum, Germany
A. Nakonieczny, Institut Mechaniki Precyzyjnej, Poland
P. O’hara, MIC, USA
M.J. Platts, Univ. of Cambridge, UK
B. Scholtes, Universität Kassel, Germany
V. Schulze, Universität Karlsruhe (TH), Germany
M.C. Sharma, MANIT, BHOPAL, India
K. Tosha, Meiji Univ., Japan
O. Vöhringer, Universität Karlsruhe (TH), Germany
L. Wagner, TU Clausthal, Germany
Y. Watanabe, Toyo Seiko Co., Ltd., Japan
H. Wohlfahrt, T. U. Braunschweig, Germany
Xu, Kewei, Xian Bureau of Sci. &.Tech., PR of China.
Submission of abstracts : Deadline for submission of abstracts: 15th September 2004.
Both oral (15+5 mins) and poster presentations are welcome. Those wishing to present a paper should submit abstracts, preferable in electronic format, as an e-mail attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. The abstract should not exceed one type-written page of about 1,500 characters. Please use standard symbols and abbreviations only. Detailed Instructions
Proceedings : Papers presented will be published in the Proceedings and will be available at the Conference.
Authors who wish to publish their paper in the Proceedings, but cannot be present at the Conference for either oral or poster presentation, are welcome to submit their abstract. If the paper is accepted by the ISC it will be published in the relevant chapter of the Proceedings. The financial contribution of the authors towards the publication cost of a 6 page paper will be 500 Euros (payment due prior to publication).
Conference Language : English
Social and other Events : Evening of September 7th: Visit of Paris by boat.
Depending of the number of participants, a chargeable visit to Chateau de Champs or Musée du Louvre can be organized.
Conference Location : The conference will be held in the Building 1 (COPERNIC) at the University of Marne la Vallée, UMLV, 15 km East of Paris. It can be easily reached by RER-A, station Noisy-Champs or by car, Highway A4 exit Champs. UMLV is directly beside the station and the Highway EXIT
Address : UMLV, COPERNIC Building, 5 boulevard Descartes, 77420 Champs sur Marne (download map):
Registration fees : The conference fees should be sent to the order of IITT-International. It will include the attendance at the technical meetings, lunches, refreshments and one copy of the Proceedings.
Speakers of more than one paper will be charged an extra fee of 200 EUR per additional paper.
There will be an exhibition of products and services related to the topics of the Conference. See floor plan. Companies and organizations will have the opportunity to exhibit their products in the foyer of the lecture hall. The standard price of 6m2 exhibition space including the exhibition package will be 2900 Euros. (19.6% VAT in not included). The cost for three additional m2 would be 1200 Euros. The fee for an exhibition wall, including one table and two chairs is 1800 Euros. More information for exhibitors
of confirmed exhibitors (Update: August 15, 2005),
ECOROLL AG, Germany
PROD IMPEX CO, Romania
DISA Group Industries AG, Switzerland
Electronics Incorporated, USA
Kugel Strahl Zentrum
Aachen, Germany -
Metal Imporovement Company, France -MFN, Switzerland
Wheelabrator Group, France - Progressive Inc. USA
ZirShot Saint Gobain, France - OSK Kiefer GmbH - Germany
The Shot Peener, USA - PROTO Manufacturing Limited, Canada
SONATS - France, X-Ray Laboratory Christine Eigenmann, Germany
Performance Review Institute-UK
Frohn GmbH, Germany
ICSP9 Conference : 6-9 September 2005
The site is under constant modification and will be updated every week